Friday, July 17, 2009

Making a difference in the lives of others :)

One wk ago as I was making round with the Doctors, then one of this palliative dr spoke to one of my patients. This patient of mine had a deteroriating condition,treatment for him was somehow ineffective, thus the dr was explaining to him the areas they could made to improve his conditions . As the doctor was explaining, the patient was asked to express how he feel, and tears began to streaked down his face
Nurses are somehow advice not to put too much emotions or get too close to patients, as in case depression may set in if anything were to happen to the patient...such as a sudden death.
But I somehow felt for this patient, and my eyes started to brim with tears, I had to remind myself I am still working, crying tgr wif the patient seem so unprofesssional man.And worst still if it were to bring the atmosphere more down.. haha.

To protect the confidentiality of the patients I won't be describing more, anyway the main thing I feel is like what pastor mentioned...pple need the Lord...(Rom6:23)For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
As mentioned by Zhenn, don't just focus on the 5 when the 1000 pple around us haven't been saved.
(John10:10)The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and they may have it more abundantly.
As the saying goes pple don't care how much you know until how they know how much you care..

Dear God I pray, for a greater patience, love and compassion, even my flesh may fail me but You can love through me, stretcccched me to a greater capacity.
(1Tim6:11-12) pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Sometimes we go into a stage of self-pitiness, looking at the inadequacy we have in life, but after experiencing life & death, i feel as compared to the very sick, majority of us have been so fortunate. Is now that we stop looking to have our needs being met, start meeting the needs of those that needed more than we do:)

Everyone of us can make a difference in someone's else lives today!=D





No comments:


All Smiles!!